View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Monday, October 02, 2006

Illo Friday: Quiet

beneath the silence

beneath the silent waters
i hide
from the muddled days that pass
fast paced motion i can't catch
i wash my cluttered sorrow
untangling each strand
dying for a fresh tomorrow
holding on to my mind's command

beneath the silent wind
i float
carrying my thoughts to somewhere
putting down the option of running off
hauling my dreariness to flee
to gain satisfaction of what's enough

beneath the hidden volatility
i stir
in the quiet of my own being
nobody can shatter me
as i unravel what's beneath
my own existence
relentlessly..




530 x 700
MS Paint


-----
note: i havent made an illo in MS Paint for a while, so it took me about 4 and a half hours to finish this piece. pfew! now time to sleep...

*.*

17 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger floots whispered...

thank you for the peace
in your words
and illustration

2/10/06 6:36 PM  
Blogger Miladysa whispered...

Lovely!

2/10/06 8:01 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

floots.. this is also
to remind me
to calm down
once in a while..
thanks for the note

miladysa.. thanks 8)

3/10/06 11:39 AM  
Blogger HARDWAX whispered...

Your poem is sweet and meloncholy and the illustration is full of life and energy despite the stillness of the fauna.

4/10/06 4:37 AM  
Blogger valerie walsh whispered...

It is so worth the time you spent! It's really beautiful and your words are perfect!

4/10/06 5:17 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

hardwax.. that probably describes my whole personality.. sweet but melancholy; energetic despite the things lingering in my head..

valgalart.. thanks! and it also amazes me how i have progressed in using ms paint. and the poem is also dedicated for those stressed by work or life..

4/10/06 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

cant believe its paint!but its "velvet's" work alright..I have nothing to argue. I know you have lots of crazy things in mind..keep on pulling it out.

4/10/06 12:38 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

lol! well i dont need to convince you my friend, but i have the urge to post how i did it, step by step. so hmm.. come back again in a few hours and you'll see. 8)

thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.. and yep, you know how crazy my ideas can be sometimes.

4/10/06 12:53 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

And now for the curious 8)
see how i made this illo at
uncovering what's beneath the silence

4/10/06 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

perfection. your words touched me, and i think this is a beautiful, beautiful illustration.

i'm blown away that you were able to do this with software. there's such soul in these lines.

4/10/06 4:02 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thank you for your kind words. indeed, it's amazing that such a simple program can help one create and learn..

4/10/06 4:30 PM  
Blogger georg whispered...

I just like it! Especially the glittering effects in the textures - simply great!

6/10/06 3:02 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks, glad you liked it! 8)

6/10/06 11:54 AM  
Blogger ° whispered...

wow 4.5 hr who cares when u get results like this. love these rich vibrant colors and ur words fit right in

6/10/06 1:14 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

yeah! but i used to have an illo that i made for 17 hours or so.. [see IF: Depth](in total that is, not counting the minutes in between, that i do something else, like eat!) hehe..

thanks for droppin by and for the comment!

6/10/06 5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Hmm I really really like this piece. Very reflexive, as if I'm looking at the waters of the lake myself and I see a reflection. Yet that reflection is muddled by my thoughts which makes ripples on the water.

8/10/06 1:12 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks for sharing your thoughts on this piece. hopefully i have more time to come up with more illos too..

9/10/06 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape