View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Thursday, August 10, 2006

B&W Challange: Indoors (A l'intérieur)



The Perfect Mid-day Weather

Windy,
sun's up and not too hot,
I smell your freshly-washed clothes
as I lay on my back,
slowly shifting from side to side,
gazing into my empty wall with a smile,
looking outside the window with a sigh.

Days pass by so slow,
like time is crawling on the sea shore.
Low waves
touch and wash away
the sands between its feet,
standing still,
looking beyond…

I glued my thoughts to my pillow
as I unbury myself from misery.
I kneel on my bed
to look down my window.
A bear road opens up to me,
the quiet breeze;
the wind wrapping my cheeks
and as I close my eyes,
empty whispers
blowing my hair afloat,
I hold lightly
to the cold windowsill.

Consuming my thoughts,
I let the faint heat
unmelt the memories,
as I lay here,
just here,
wanting the moment;
absorbing it.

1930's blues on my radio.
Such a perfect lazy day for a Holiday.
But such a day
would have been real perfect
if only spent with you *.*


-----
note: This is for (updated now with a poem)

*.*

4 Park your thoughts here:

Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Reading this, I feel I am practically there with you...

So dreamy...

Wonderfully put together Velvet!

11/8/06 10:21 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

times like this when you really feel you are with someone whos not there...

hee, and thanks!

12/8/06 9:49 PM  
Blogger HARDWAX whispered...

OOOh, can feel the light and shawdows in this piece and the words are tender and warm-just like that summer breeze.

30/8/06 11:11 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

hmm.. thanks! you have just brightened my day! 8)

30/8/06 5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape