View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Monday, September 11, 2006

B&W Challenge: Picture of Holidays (Photo de Vacances)



Yeah, i know holidays are suppose to be cheery...

September marks the first month of the Christmas Holiday here in the Philippines. Because it’s the beginning of the "ber" months.. Oh well, but for me, it's around this time of the year that a certain fear creeps back to my being. My old readers would know why, it’s because I have this fear of December. The reason? There is always, always, either tragic happening on this fateful month, or something so significant that it changes my life from then on. If you care to find out what, the archives on the sidebar remains there for a reason.. But I hope this year would be different. As a close relative will have their wedding on this month. Sincerely wish them all the happiness. I hope they wont end up as most abrupt marriages do.

Sorry, but if this December would not be tragic, then that would make me feel at ease. This photo was taken on Christmas 2004. Year after my mom passed, the year i got my surgery, and year before somebody i love got very ill. And a couple of more deaths on different years preceding this. Maybe this photo is so meaningful it brings back joy and sorrow all at the same time.

Oh my, i think my insomnia is getting into me. Four more hours before my night job starts and i still havent had a decent sleep. And reading my archives and looking at old photos adds more tension. There are just some feelings that can't disappear, they just get buried. Some may almost disintegrate, some still get unearthed.

*.*

6 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger floots whispered...

sorry to hear of your sadness and your insomnia
i've had my share of both but at present it's the latter which is bugging me
if i can't sleep tonight
i'll whistle to let you know
(my wife will then shoot me - problem solved) :)
good luck - both problems are serious
but both will fade
cheers

12/9/06 2:34 AM  
Blogger tussand whispered...

December. The beginning of the "ber" months. That's the first time I heard of it.

One wishes for you a happy December this year.

Take care lady.

12/9/06 3:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Can see lots of twinkling stars of hope in your beautiful image :)))

12/9/06 8:42 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

floots.. haaa! yeah that's a shortcut to those insomnia attacks! lol. hmm.. who would shoot me then? hmm *.*

aristocrat.. thanks, well we here call it the "ber" months.. crossing my fingers for the next surprise for this year tho..

anonyghost.. hmm.. a ghost from the past that i would luv to linger on.. thanks for droppin by.. those twinkling stars somehow indeed are sparks of hope..

12/9/06 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

wonderful image!

(could you update my link; my blogspot went down so I rebuilt in wordpress-- don't want to lose track of you)

15/9/06 1:16 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks! and thanks for the info. edited your link now. wordpress is so much better too..

17/9/06 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape