View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Sunday, October 22, 2006

Illo Friday: Ghost

  ghost from the past


Boxed up

I am torturing myself
Locking up myself
To a seclusion of frailty
Of my own weakness;
Of my own grief.
I have gone
Not knowing when to return
If I should return
Not knowing what’s ahead of me
Not caring.
I have crossed the boundaries
   Of my own feelings
And I detest what I have done.
What’s left of me
Is your shadow
Creeping my every move
My every breath
   Stands for you
And I have to go further
Further
Until your image fades
But my thoughts I can’t compete
I have to destroy myself,
   Before it destroys me.

-053101

-----
note: poem was written in May 31, 2001. illo was made today.
strange that after reading thru my old poems, i realized that part of me was still being haunted by my past..
it's just a case of not being affected by it negatively, and instead, learn from it.

*.*

23 Park your thoughts here:

Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

23/10/06 7:58 AM  
Blogger ° whispered...

great loookin illo love the red and and black

23/10/06 9:45 AM  
Blogger Anonymous whispered...

Looks and sounds beautiful in the negative to me ...

BOO!

23/10/06 9:59 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

michael.. thanks, it was originally all black and gray but hmm didnt felt satisfied.

anonymous.. negatively great! };-} how's anonyghost?
btw, you've got my vote in the black and orange contest!

23/10/06 10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Love the colour and the mood.

23/10/06 8:51 PM  
Blogger Anonymous whispered...

Heeheee ... Poor Anony is a mutant of Anony/AnonyGhost/Hellcat this month. Wonder who will win? ...
};-}

24/10/06 9:02 AM  
Blogger carla whispered...

This is a striking and haunting image...it goes so well with your words! Well done!

26/10/06 12:29 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

benconservato, carla.. thanks! those are indeed the current mood of both illo and poem during the time they were created.

anonymous.. yeah, it's one hellafa month! };-}

26/10/06 8:25 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

gee a ghost from the past indeed.. suddenly somebody seemed to have deleted my testimonials at friendster.. hmm.. and i just saw a distant relative of whom i wrote the poem for trying to view me.. good thing i have it blocked. or is it? anyway.. blah! i juz need to let it out. they think they can outsmart me eh? let's see..

27/10/06 8:17 AM  
Blogger Bruno Diel whispered...

hey! beautiful job...

thank you for your visit ;-)

27/10/06 10:52 AM  
Blogger HARDWAX whispered...

Deep and dark times I think when you put those words to pen, you did sound haunted. The illustration is beautiful-full of smothering shawdows and vibrant emotion-great ghost!

27/10/06 12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

great illo indeed! and your poem goes deep. good thing to look at it positively as a learning experience. always good to move on!

27/10/06 4:32 PM  
Blogger georg whispered...

it's so beautiful and scaring image!

How do you create it?

27/10/06 6:54 PM  
Blogger Aravis whispered...

This carries a lot of impact. It's both ominous and interesting. Great illo!

29/10/06 8:34 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

bruno diel.. thanks for droppin by too..

hardwax, belinda.. indeed.. if one could erase a memory from the past id have that time on the list. but since we cant, might as well learn from it instead.

grorg.. thanks. to be honest, i made it on MS Paint. as well as most of my illos. and converted it as gif to preserve the spray-like quality.

29/10/06 8:00 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

aravis.. ohh didnt see your comment. (slow pc) btw, thanks! glad you like it.

29/10/06 8:01 PM  
Blogger Lyrically speaking whispered...

I enjoyed reading this and admiring the power behind it...great post and I will be returning to read more. Glad to have stumbled upon your page.

30/10/06 2:23 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks! your blog is a great read as well.. nice that you dropped by. 8)

1/11/06 8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

there are ghosts in my past
i thought would never last
yet still they choose to stay
and torment me each day.

another beautiful poem. i feel you gurl.

7/11/06 1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

14/11/06 7:06 PM  
Blogger isay whispered...

i like the blending of the red and black colors.

the poem of your past really haunted you.

hejsa! what is the weather over there?

15/11/06 1:06 PM  
Blogger dreaming-neko whispered...

such drama! :)
how are things?

18/11/06 10:52 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

diety.. a nice ending to attach to the poem. i kinda miss the poem challenge of X. anyway, been busy these past few weeks.. so thanks for droppin by with this outdated post.

isay.. hey there.. nice to hear from you again. ph x-mas rush is not as chaotic as last years' or is it me and my busy sked? hmm..

dreaming-neko.. lol! well too much drama in my past indeed. today is where the action is tho. haha! anyway i will keep this blog updated soon..

20/11/06 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape