View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Tuesday, April 18, 2006

B&W Photo Challenge: Friends




Looking at children enjoying playing with each other, I sometimes think how fun it would be being a child again. Having that innocence, everything prepared for you, and no big worries. But then again, you have to go through all those years again to be where you are now. Do you think going back would lessen your present burdens?

Being an adult, you have to do everything, including things that makes you worry so much you feel that either time is not enough for one day, or time is too slow. Adults have bigger problems to solve, and more perilous decisions to make. Someone *.* told me that "as we all know, children have problems of their own" Yes, and adults are never rid of them too. But the question is, which of these are we truly capable of dealing with?

Just a thought.


So, if given a chance to go back in time just for one month, without any memory of being from the future, what year/age would you prefer to be? Why? And, what would you do?

My answers later.

-----
photo note: "Circle of Innocence", is my entry for Black & White Photo Challenge.

See this week's Photo Friday and Illo Friday entries too.

*.*

25 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

those who would like to answer the questions you can do so here, or place a link to your blog where you wrote your answers. and a summary would be featured in a future post. 8)

18/4/06 12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

A nice take on the photo challenge.

If am given a chance, I don't think I want to change anything. I prefer to be where am at now.

18/4/06 12:16 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks! and thank you for sharing your thoughts on the subject too 8)

18/4/06 12:18 PM  
Blogger floots whispered...

nice shot
nice thought too
i certainly don't want to be a child again
but i enjoy being free of responsibilities and
being able to to do many "childish" things :)
(thanks for the recent visit)

18/4/06 2:05 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

ok, now 2 votes for staying as an adult. but childish things can count too.. hmm.. let's see and wait for more feedback 8)

thanks for sharing your thoughts, floots!

18/4/06 2:28 PM  
Blogger isay whispered...

it is only for one month-so why not? I would go back during the time when I was 6 year old where I had fond memories of my childhood flying kites with my two younger sisters and siblings in the fields and where I felt my parents were so happy and ohhh life was so simple,then.

18/4/06 4:59 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

oh, thats a nice time to visit! 8) thanks for your entry..

18/4/06 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Thanks for the visit! As for the question--I'd vote for 4 1/2, the age my boys are now; they live in a magical, sometimes scary, always exciting world, where everything generates a million questions and every day is an adventure. The best thing about being a Dad is having two wonderful little tickets to that world, and being able to look at it through their eyes. That and I can go see "Curious George" without people staring.

19/4/06 9:59 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

lol I heard that film is nice to watch with your kids. thanks for sharing your thoughts on this, and i admire such inisight from a "Dad". You've got lucky kids! 8)

19/4/06 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

wee! I'm 4 1/2 too!! everyday is an adventure for both my Mom and me! Do I ever wanna grow up? hmm...

and.. and.. I don't know Curious George, is he a monkey? Coz Monkey see monkey do.. woeha! but wanna tell my Mommy I wanna watch that too! hihi ^_^ huggss for all!

19/4/06 11:41 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

I believe he is a monkey indeed, Irvine! I'll tell your mom you wanna watch that then! and hugs you back! sweet little one! huuugs

20/4/06 10:35 AM  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove whispered...

what a fun photograph; all those happy easter shoes.

20/4/06 10:46 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

8) thanks! and these are such lovely kids too! erm my cousins...

21/4/06 7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

i wanna be 8 again. to be able to play in the ricefields in San Pedro, Laguna, those years when subdivisions were still in the blueprints of the architects; just running and screaming with my brothers and friends; and stealing sugar cane in the nearby sugar cane plantation. that's my fondest memory of my childhood.

hey, that was in the late 70's okay? dont want to give you the impression that am really that old!

jeez, why am i so defensive? teehee:=)

24/4/06 1:43 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

deity.. ohh wow.. that's a nice memory.. can't say i was already born then. but hey, ricefields in Laguna still exists to this day, tho not particularly in San Pedro. subdivisions are sprouting like mushrooms there indeed! 8)

and thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

24/4/06 5:13 AM  
Blogger Ambres whispered...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

25/4/06 7:19 AM  
Blogger Ambres whispered...

Hm well as i said *.* i think childeren have much problems already then. At least i cant remember i was a long without them. Lol but maby its true that negative things just make more impression and their memory will last (longer). Would some psych not acknowledge that even babies have a hard time fighting for attention and milk? lol
Too bad we cant keep the future in going back for a month; How i like to be 16 again! Maby the most trouble causing times! reading vulgar poems in class hehe i mean i would then! haaa

But then my first childhood memory walking in a field with my broth and sis (did we had a goat with us?) going for a picknick. Then sitting in the shade of some trees, buzzing insects the sweet smell of dry grass under a cloudless blue sky all in a golden languid glow.. or that Hot day in spring my mom busy with cleaning; boxes full of stuff in the hall. In one i find a red rubberball. When i throw it on the floor it jumps to the ceiling amazing when i bite in it the sharp taste of plastic (i still taste it) then i walk outside gazing at the giant popular trees -Would i notice it when i went back? (why do i remember them? hmm).
I think i just stay in my age and those memories.

25/4/06 8:32 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

Ambres.. wow.. thanks for that wonderful insight! it's so great to come across forgotten memories.. and gee, still taste the rubberball! you have such a keen memory! nice that you can still recall way back when you were a child, tho bits and pieces, it's still amazing.

thank you for sharing all these, but which one is it? would you prefer more on "just stay in your age and those memories" or "to be 16 again"?

25/4/06 4:05 PM  
Blogger Ambres whispered...

lol since we cant take the future with us (to be the same on that age of 16 please no! i prefer the last 8)

25/4/06 6:42 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

lol oh of course.. i understand. id note that 8) thanks!

25/4/06 7:52 PM  
Blogger Kim Carney whispered...

I love the robot illo and the question

27/4/06 2:40 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

ohh thanks! well hope you could also join in too.. and thank you for dropping by..

27/4/06 8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Id like to remember my fifth grade. The time, macho brothers were created.
The time I embraced boyish ways.
I remember Cathy, Ruth & I used to bike around teachers village to asked for old newspapers & bottles for our school paper drive. As if we were like the movie now & then...
The time when I got terribly lots of crush - MIKE (smilee :)), JAIME (jb), JOHN CARLO (stripee), & EJ (curly hair). uhh!cant stop thinkin' bout them.
I remember I have an autograph book & have them sign in, hehe.
And this what i thought about:
Mike ideal face of my ideal man...hmmm.
John Carlo my (feeling of)look-a-like to be husband hehe...
this is it!

28/4/06 12:59 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

ohh you got so many names! hehe.. well thanks for sharing these with us! now i add this to my draft posty.

29/4/06 8:40 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

compilation of answers and my answer now posted read it at inspiration challenge

7/5/06 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape