View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Illo Friday: insect... and a story...




600 x 800
MS Paint




"Something"


I have a recurring scene in my head...

I find myself running
in the middle of an old dark swamp
my every pace, my every step, is forcedly slow
as the water flow against the direction I am heading.
I hear the howling of the dark night.
Not looking back I know that I have to escape
to run away from something, something that makes
all my emotions, all my thoughts, wanting to flee.

I feel through my toes
weeds and leaves and painful stones
but I have to move on, stopping will cost too much time
not even for a catch of breath
not even for a glimpse of what's behind me.

I feel the thick cold water
circling against my feet.
My legs are weak from the knees down, and still
I have to run.

I wanted to stop
but I feel something is getting close.
Panting, a warm malodorous breath almost touched my neck.
And I knew I had to stop. No way out. Nowhere to go.
I halted and froze.
I closed my eyes and anticipated to be taken and devoured.
A thousand scenes ran in a split second in my head
I was scanning within the last memories why I am here.
Where have I been? And where am I heading?

Then the warm beating breath
blew strands of hair from the side of my ears across my cheeks.
I feel my back exposed, my skin colder than the freezing water.
Those dreadful seconds felt like eternity wrapped in seconds.
Take me now please, don't prolong the agony.

A loud ghastly deep scream echoed behind me.
Getting closer, it struck an abysmal growl.
Something fell on the water, as a gush of waves
almost knocked down my knees.

Then I fainted.

As my body slowly drifts down to the murky water,
a catch of two arms saved me.
I knew nothing more except that I didnt fell deep in the water,
except that in the mid of passing out and drowning, I was caught.
And the darkness around me enveloped my sight.


I woke up as the sun melts the tears from my eyes.
I felt my body still trembling, both from the coldness
and the unknown mystery of what just happened.

Exhausted and yet relaxed,
I found myself lying on a grassland hill.
stretched out in the grass with buzzing insects.
Still damp, my clothes and hair dripping to the ground.
My fingers glazing through daffodils
that carpeted the edge of the hill.
My toes, just paces away from a lake.

Strangely, this lake was different
from where I recall running through.
It's wider and blue, gentler and clear.

(and the recurring stops here.
today my dream finalizes...)

A gush of thrill suddenly struct me.
I realized where I am now, as I noticed a shadow
suddenly blocking the sun's rays to my side.
words came out as I whispered...
It was you all along. Thank You.

His arms opened as he offered to take my hand.
Then I knew it was going to be alright
from now on.


-----
Atomicvelvetsigh © March 7,2006

soundtrack: Ecstacy of Saint Theresa - Her Eyes Have It

*.*

9 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

gee.. only tuesday and IF have more than 620 illos!

btw.. it's such a Moogie *.* Seventh.. *sigh* just wish i had more time at home...

remembering a year ago...

7/3/06 10:26 PM  
Blogger trowbridge chronicles whispered...

A very powerful, provocative image.

8/3/06 12:01 AM  
Blogger carla whispered...

I know, Velvet...it's out of control! Anyway, I love the strength and mystery of both the illo and the words. The dark and warm colors seem to almost pulsate slowly, like a heartbeat.

8/3/06 12:02 AM  
Blogger HARDWAX whispered...

Your hero and monster seem be the same entity, but finally safe, good. Your artwork is dynamic, as always, it looks to me like a enormous spider crawling over and consuming.

8/3/06 4:15 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

bron smith.. thanks 8) sometimes power overwhelms me...

carla.. the more the merrier.. hee but now i dont have time to view all .. feel like im missing on so much..

and must confess i wrote this story half-awake, half still dreaming..

artofmyheart.. thanks for dropping by.. and for sharing your reflections.

hardwax.. hmm spider.. memories of the past sometimes crawl up to us.. consuming our thoughts.. and sometimes the only way to stop it is by looking at the light from the other side.

9/3/06 10:18 AM  
Blogger floots whispered...

another great combo
fear and love (or of love)
maybe they are partners
two very powerful feelings
over which we have less control than we wish
(which is why they are so exciting)
cheers

9/3/06 4:19 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

maybe they are partners indeed. and one cannot exist without the other, as darkness cannot be described as dark without knowing what light means, as happiness will not be known if there is no sadness.

12/3/06 2:03 PM  
Blogger isay whispered...

i was trapped in your story telling and was there for a while. ...love and fear in your story and lovely effects in your illustration-great combination. i had a nice time reading your post on a sunday morning.

12/3/06 6:30 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks isay! glad you like it.. let's just say .. i was trapped in the ecstasy for a while too.. 8)

13/3/06 4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape