View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Friday, May 27, 2005

Snowflake Eyes

IF my eyes could only capture
each second of what I see
if only that picture can record
the scent surrounding me -
  pineapples, peaches and grapes
wine drops that moisten my lips;
Grasping in breathing spell-

as I open the window
  and gaze outside
  cold breeze went within
as the clouds weep in agony
  every drop shouts your name
  the hot breeze cling to my veins
as my windowpane dream
  of snowstorms
  and hale.

I closed my thoughts
I fell unknowingly
the sensation of dropping
a split second gone to infinity

I float with arms wide open
and the air embracing me
fall from skyscrapers
 I drop
  I fall
   I smither
    I burst -
 into innumerable molecules
as a snowflake i become
an open hand catches me
and I melt with the heat of his palm
 becoming one with the skin
  absorbing,
   obliterating.

If only i could be
  a snowflake -
in a standstill
in a still frame.

voor altijd*.*

8 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger floots whispered...

Wow! snowflake eyes Unique, fragile, beatiful, soft, dangerous, swirling, deep: they're all in there, and more to come. I'm looking for a woman with snowflake eyes. It beats the hell out of N/S with GSOH! Thank you.

27/5/05 4:46 PM  
Blogger carrie whispered...

wonderful picture.

28/5/05 10:13 AM  
Blogger floots whispered...

Thanks for dropping by. I was just changing posts so you nearly missed it. All those years ago, I lived in a village in S.W. England and the local farmer used to let me have any fallen trees. This enormous one took me a long time to cut up - but kept me in logs for a long time. Don't worry, I wasn't cutting down/felling living trees. Regards

28/5/05 10:28 PM  
Blogger keed whispered...

strong words in a cold world.

29/5/05 7:32 AM  
Blogger RagDoll whispered...

I love imagery, and you paint a vivid picture with words. Well written.

Thank you for the feedback on my writing "Wicked Garden"!

29/5/05 2:37 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

floots... indeed, multiple emotions mixed up in this poem. and i believe one is bound to find the right snowflake for the right ground.
and nice to hear the real story about those trees.

carrie, ragdoll.. images may reflect one's innermost thoughts that words cannot imply. glad you like this as much as i do.

billy... i do long for a colder climate but the heat here is incomparable to the coldness i feel within, esp when being miles away from the person that can only melt the snow away.

30/5/05 5:43 AM  
Blogger tussand whispered...

Could you please send some snow to Singapore? Or wrap yourself nicely and send it over. It's blistering hot here. =D

31/5/05 12:44 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

aristocrat... i wish i could. but the airport officials wont let me.

4/6/05 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape