View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Paralysed

Books, poetry, mythology, writing, composing, music, music, music, not sleeping, intellectual stimulating... is what I flood myself from day to day. I sweat, I dream, I freeze, I melt, I scream in silence. All senses in tune. All senses at work. Honey and tea to my lips, sweet crisp of sugary scent linger in the air of my room, mixed with what most do not consider fragrant but me, the smell of old paper, pages of books.

Time seems to pass so quickly, a day is not enough. And I wonder how hours of glancing seemed like a second. A weekend seemed like an hour. And now the sun is peeping by the window in my room again. Another day has passed, another day is about to start.

Someone feared my unsleeping and sudden jumps into the shower will paralyse me. But am I not yet? Am I still going to be?

Confined to a handcuff in my room, there's so much to know, so much to go to, so much to explore. And so little time. It frightens me to even step out. But in a glance outside I see a wide open field touching the sky. The end where it all begins. And a faint green shadow waves by the distance. Is it me? Is it me that he seek?

Now writing down thoughts that no one dares to see nor read in between... would the green shadow catch me as I fall into another dream?


'Christina's World' by A.Wyeth

Catch me, in another dream, I'm pulled away,
Hold me, gently take me through another day.

However hard I try,
I crawl when I should fly.
I wander through my days,
Pulled a million ways.

Help me feel the forces I can't touch, I'm reaching out.
Help me learn, until I know too much, I'm still without.

These circles pulling me near,
Hold me in my fear.
And sleeping I can't hide,
I'm paralysed inside.
Paralysed


-----
note: first part was written by Velvet
second part is a song from Ride

4 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger floots whispered...

Wow - your blogs are quite something, especially to an old luddite like me. (It takes me forever to remember the html to post links!) Thanks for your visit and poem. I'll be back later to have a proper look.

20/4/05 4:15 PM  
Blogger dreaming-neko whispered...

who need sleep anyways?
i like these lucid, dreamy posts :)

21/4/05 5:46 AM  
Blogger lws whispered...

ur blog is awesome...ganda pa ng walpaper :)ganda din magbasa ng poems na post dito..ummmmmmmmmmm btw,thank's sa pag accept ng invitation ko:)

cheers

22/4/05 2:26 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

nice to hear from people who liked my poems. 8)
i recently got listed to blogrolling so maybe just click once then it automatically links me to those interested.
oh and yes, sleep is not the only place to dream.

24/4/05 2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape