View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Monday, March 28, 2005

Below the Stars

Walking, on my way home, I notice how exceptionally bright the sky was tonight. Clear, sky blue blended in navy, dashed with purple magenta shades and sprinkled with a million stars. Decorated, accented by the heavenly object smiling sideways in the dark.

Walking, my head adjacent to the sky, my eyes wander in amazement. I haven't walked this long during the night for a while. So i dazed along, holding on to every second. I don’t want to lose this feeling of awe. And how simple things such as these indulge me in a trance, forgetting all my worries. So i walked along further. Mesmerized.

As i reached home, i sat by the balcony and looked up straight again. And stared. Many thoughts raced in my head. I knew i had failed in many things. It usually shuns my world. But somehow, today, this time, it's different.

There is this invisible magical aura behind me. Like a cushion that is patiently guiding, awaiting my fall, blocking the abyss of an endless pit. I've fallen too many times before. Struggled, crawled my way to get out, but always ended up falling again. Now i feel a "harang", a hindrance, a hedge.

And in my head, i hear a soft whisper, the line that seems to perfectly mends it all...
"Stand up, hold my hand, and float with me."

Then i stood up from my seat, releasing a big long sigh. An atomic exploding, velvet-softness sigh. A sigh I’ve been waiting so long to get out of me. I opened the door. I went inside the house with a faint smile and twinkling bright eyes. I now, can see clearly.


-----
note: I always tend to hide meanings in between the lines.

1 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger dreaming-neko whispered...

sigh....

29/3/05 12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape