View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Saturday, July 21, 2007

illo friday: poem



I had a dream
we were walking by a river
stiffened by the snow
I stopped and leaned over to look at the reflection
the unbreakable ice shimmered clear
You bent down too
and
the smile on your face glowed with the faint sun
then I wondered
as I felt the warmth of your hand
glide to mine –

the corners of my mouth
inched and fluttered into a near smile
hearing the hiss and whisper
of collapsing leaves disturbed by the breeze
and your breath,
calmly panting beside my ear
echoes the desire triggering a distinct warmth inside

through the reflection
we saw each other’s soul
and all around us
like an immense and endless ocean
was a great soundless void that swallowed
our voice,
our vocabulary,
our thoughts…

in that surreal moment
in a silence that spoke a thousand words
I knew this was the place where I want to be
with this gentle mutely lit surroundings
holding the fire that does not die down
despite the distance, despite time.

And so I wondered,
yes, in my dream I wondered -
that I would either
weep or succumb to the dark depths
or both!
if I would ever wake up
and find You
not there.


-----
note: entry for
(orig. 985 x 465, green 0.5 ball point pen on white recycled paper)
please click the image for a better view.

*.*

17 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger Sandy whispered...

Marvellous poem to go with picture as you do always
And how did you do that float.with.me thing.

21/7/07 12:17 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks! i actually forgot to resize it yesterday.

i'd be happy to send you a copy of the code i used for that. but to let you know also that it only works in IE browsers.

22/7/07 9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Nice! I believe this is the first sketch you have shared with us! And I most especially liked the line "inched and fluttered into a near smile".

22/7/07 12:20 PM  
Blogger Sandy whispered...

i got it atomicvelvetsigh u had taken that piece of code from dynamicdrive.

and by the way its working in Firefox too. coz i m using FF and its perfectly working fine here.

Thanks

22/7/07 2:36 PM  
Blogger Vhrsti whispered...

Fresh drawing, nice poem.

22/7/07 5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

a very intense work as usual!otherwise you might submit your whole blog for this week topic...

22/7/07 9:23 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

james.. yes, this is the first sketch that i posted here. actually, i havent done any for months too, maybe even a year! gee..

sandy.. oh that's nice! hmm.. what version are you using? strangely tho, wherever i go and use firefox, it doesn't show..

vhrsti.. thanks!

aynaku.. ha! never thought of that! 8D although lately, i noticed i've been having a writer's block. i guess the culprit is my busy sked. i'm actually not that satisfied with the way this poem turned out...

23/7/07 6:23 AM  
Blogger steve whispered...

Wonderful poem and sketch. Please do more!

23/7/07 7:51 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

gee.. thanks! i'd try to sketch some more.. as for the poem hmm.. lets wait til the next clash of words come rumbling through my thoughts..

23/7/07 8:22 AM  
Blogger Dan whispered...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your very kind words. I'm glad you did. Now I found yours. This poem is lovely. You're very talented.

23/7/07 8:43 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks! im actually still reading your past entries when i got the email of a new comment. thanks for droppin by too..

23/7/07 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Wonderful drawing and beautiful poem to match! Outstanding! :)
*HUGS*

24/7/07 1:45 AM  
Blogger Willie Baronet whispered...

Love the image and the poem! You didn't have to write that about me! I'm so touched. :-)

And yes, I'm part of the Simpson family now... You can be too!

24/7/07 2:05 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

rrramone.. hehe so you're bart's unlce willie? or just a regular at moe's? hehe..
and where is the portrait you promised? i'll send you yours later if you like. 8)

24/7/07 2:20 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

angela.. thanks! glad you dropped by.. i really like your work as well!

24/7/07 2:21 AM  
Blogger bluerose whispered...

Wow! I haven't visited your blog in a while. I really like ALL your latest posts. The poetry is wonderful, and the artwork is so moody and expressive. If I had to pick a favorite poem, it'd be a toss up between "Moon" and "Vacation". I don't think I could pick a favorite from the art. Maybe "Missing". Nice work!

10/8/07 12:08 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

its been a while indeed! thanks for your nice words.. you really made my day! 8)

11/8/07 1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape