View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Sunday, July 29, 2007

Illo Friday: Moon

i started blogging back in november of 2004 as a way of therapy. and looking back.. woah! it has been almost 3 years indeed and so much have changed in me! for my old readers.. you have seen me in my worst and best. thanks for sticking by through it all..

i know this is an old illo and i posted this before back when illustration friday was just a page where posts per week hardly reached a hundred, and i havent even heard of flickr yet. but soon as i saw this week's topic i felt the urge to go back and in going back and seeing, reading, my old posts.. it's like flying to the moon and back indeed..

this is for you old and new IF artists.. it was fun and will always be fun learning with you all..



520 x 740
MS Paint



-----
note: pass by my old post for IF topic: small, december 1, 2005.

*.*

46 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger Liz Jones whispered...

I like this one-- happy bloggiversary!! I think you started about a year before I did-- it's fun to look back at all that time and see changes! Thanks for stopping by my page, too!

29/7/07 10:14 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

yeah i havent posted during my exact blog anniversary but ohh it has been a long time and i have learned so much and changed so much.. from a demented pessimistic aloof loner (well i couldnt even describe it more) ..now i can say i have changed my outlook in life in so many ways. the blogsphere is one of the big factors that have helped me.

29/7/07 10:37 AM  
Blogger Tony Sarrecchia whispered...

Very nice. I like the level of eeriness in this piece. Happy Almost-Anniversary.

29/7/07 12:29 PM  
Blogger studio lolo whispered...

At first I thought I'd never get a computer (a last hold out) and now I'm blogging. I have to say it's been a great experience so far thanks to people like you. I don't know what I'd do without IF folks!
BTW, I love your moon post :)
And thanks for letting me know Lolo means Grandfather. You wouldn't believe some of the things I've heard it means ! My Grandfather that I was named after was an artist. I like to think he'd be proud of me.

29/7/07 3:04 PM  
Blogger Catalina Alvarez whispered...

Absolutely beautifull!
Thank you indeeed for your kind comment in my blog.
Regards from Italy.
Feliz blog aniversario y que la felicidad sea siempre contigo.
Cata

29/7/07 3:18 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh whispered...

i love this piece and what you say about starting on IF and how far it's all come and where it's going we will go there and it's been a wonderful ride! You are one of the 1st artists I blogged with! I have enjoyed your art all this time!

29/7/07 4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

very nice work...and tnx for stopping by... blogging is like travelling, somehow...

30/7/07 12:56 AM  
Blogger L. A. Stern whispered...

I like this and your other work very much. Very inspiring.

30/7/07 2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Wonderful post! Art and a blog is great Therapy! I'm sooo glad that you began blogging and that I ran into you. :) I look forward to seeing what the future holds! *HUGS*

30/7/07 4:39 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

tony.. thanks tony! and although my blog anniv is on november its always nice to celebrate it any day of the year as well.

studio lolo.. yeah, the folks in IF are a big part of my life now! the encouragement and lovely words helped me during my dark days (year) ..so i may not post every week nowadays but i will always be addicted to IF!
and im sure your grandfather is proud of you!

valgalart.. it has been a wonderful interesting ride indeed! and happy to have seen you and your works too..

30/7/07 5:40 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

too bad i got disconnected earlier.. now for my additional replies..

cata.. thanks cata! regards from manila as well. and hmm i luv the way you translated your comment to italian too

aynaku.. yeah. blogging brings one to new places and see new cultures (even while just sitting in one's chair) 8)

l.a. stern.. thanks! it's been a pleasure sharing with you all!

angela.. thank you.. you have shared wonderful pieces as well.. and i hope the future of this blog will be brighter (and posts more often) hehe..


to all.. it's always nice to wake up and read all these wonderful comments that inspires us to do more.. (especially if the voice that woke you up is the soft whispers of your love *.*)

30/7/07 5:15 PM  
Blogger Anna Lloyd whispered...

Great artwork! I love the speckled effect and how the moon is just the thinnest sliver. Thanks for your comments on my painting, they made my day!

30/7/07 5:53 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thank you too anna! i guess with the number of contributions for this week (and its only a monday) it'll take all week to scan even half of it! glad i landed on yours..

30/7/07 6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

I've always seen that thumbnail on the side. And I just realized now that one of it was this! Looks great and on MSpaint!

30/7/07 6:08 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

haha.. i guess you can call that my forte.. either that or i refuse to install a photoshop coz i know i'd never take my eyes off the pc for days! weeks, or months even!

30/7/07 6:17 PM  
Blogger vfm4 whispered...

i found what i wrote december 2, 2005

"it would only be a waste of space if you believe that 'we' are the center of the universe.. if you think of 'us' as a passing virus to that same universe it looks quite different... :)

but this painting of yours is really beautiful, no matter the thoughts.. :)"

the last alinea is still valid.. so is the first but very off topic this time..
so:
this painting of yours is really beautiful, no matter the thoughts.. :-)

30/7/07 8:05 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks! 8) i actually went back to that post again to read! and still the same, i believe maybe there is still life out there that we dont know yet.. ha!

30/7/07 8:32 PM  
Blogger Willie Baronet whispered...

Oooh, I like that moon. And don't give up on me, the drawing will happen! I told you I was slow. ;-)

30/7/07 9:27 PM  
Blogger Sandy whispered...

Lovely post. All those nostalgia you must be feeling great. I have recently started blogging and to have it is like having a small baby. You have to nurture it and take care and its really fun playing with it. lol

31/7/07 1:25 AM  
Blogger Focus_ret whispered...

Great image! I love the two moons.

31/7/07 1:58 AM  
Blogger Michael Villegas whispered...

thanks for visiting!

i really like the texture you created in your "moon" piece. I'll definitely keep coming back...

31/7/07 6:16 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

rrramone.. its actually making me nervous.. you might have a beautiful one and mine is erm.. hmm.. hmm.. (well, better you judge it when you see it)

sandy.. yeah, creating a blog is like nurturing a child indeed. before it comes out, you have nine months or so of creating and adding delectables then as it comes to its first year, it attracts friends and continues to grow and learn with its environment!

31/7/07 6:48 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

focus_ret and mvillos.. thank you both for droppin by as well.. its always nice to meet new artists on IF.. and how it grows each week too! gee..

31/7/07 6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Yay! It's getting crowded here! Where have all these people come from? HA!

31/7/07 7:55 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

well, there is room for more! hehe.. and these are the lovely people from illustrationfriday.. you should visit it sometime..

31/7/07 8:20 AM  
Blogger hablasballena whispered...

Hey you atomicvelvetsigh, thanks for your coment!
This is the very first time I illustrate for IF.
I've just seen the draw you made that time ago and put it across for this topic, and I really like it. It remembered me a very nice poem I read a few years ago. Very dalicate.
Good luck and wellcome back to the bloggers club ;o)

31/7/07 9:03 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

yeah! its been a while since i bloghopped thru almost half the people in IF and i think im almost done visiting all.. thanks for the warm welcome and i hope i do this more often too.. (it removes the stress from my waking-life job)

31/7/07 9:11 AM  
Blogger why whispered...

this is a great mspaint piece! u got amazing skills.

31/7/07 9:31 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

why, thank you.. (oh, love to say that!) i think in maximizing what resources i have i kinda learned techniques where nobody told me before..

31/7/07 9:36 AM  
Blogger andrea whispered...

Beautiful texture ~ and I love the shape of the moon! 2004! Wow! And I thought I was an Old Blogger!

31/7/07 10:51 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks! and ha! shows how old i am, eh?

31/7/07 10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Look! You just managed to draw out all the lurkers! I started one month earlier than you, October 2004. Didn't notice so much time passed.

Write & draw on, darling *smiles gently*

1/8/07 12:14 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

oh hi there! yeah how time flies indeed.. some people would transfer blog hosts from time to time.. (like someone i know *wink) i wonder how much space i have left in my blogger account tho.. hehe..

1/8/07 1:06 AM  
Blogger isay whispered...

hi velvet! i remember this and i will not get tired looking at it. HAppy Anniversary to you! Well, i am so glad that i have been a part of your blogging......I really enjoyed reading your poems and looking at your beautiful illustrations. Cheers! Toast! Skal! to more years of blogging!

1/8/07 3:10 AM  
Blogger Ginger*:) whispered...

This has a cool beauty and wonderful point of view. I am glad you posted it once more. The texture is exceptional and the mood is pure velvet.

1/8/07 6:05 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks isay! and im glad to be part of your blogfriends too.. btw i think we are only like 5 pinoys in IF.. and nice to have found fellow pinoy artists there..

1/8/07 7:42 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

mood is pure velvet.. thanks ginger! and ohh didnt see your comment there while back.. and glad i posted it once more too. it seemed to have attracted old IF friends back..

1/8/07 7:46 AM  
Blogger bookbabie whispered...

Very pretty feel to it:)

1/8/07 9:08 AM  
Blogger ° whispered...

mezmerizing, u have hve created a wonderful mood in this illo

1/8/07 9:19 AM  
Blogger Tony LaRocca whispered...

Yeah, it has been fun, hasn't it? Great toenail moon, btw!

1/8/07 12:28 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

bookbabie.. thanks!

md.. oh, i just adore the night. seems that my walking-life job is just perfect for me, im more of a night person. and thanks for the comment..

1/8/07 3:48 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

tony larocca.. lol! yeah! and gee.. has it been years already since we landed on each others blogs eh?!

1/8/07 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Hi velvet! I'm so happy you commented on my illo! Glad to see you're still keeping up with it. Makes me happy :)

I've been doing greats, to answer your question. I don't teach anymore, because I got a new job that I'm actually happy in. So things are fantastic!

You?

3/8/07 1:59 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

irma illoluv! that's so great to hear! and im happy for you too.. well as for me, since i was last active in BE.. i switched to this job where the schedule is only during nights.. it suits me right well tho coz i have insomnia and it has been great too.. although at times i neglect on updating my blogs coz of the busy sked i have but i try to post and bloghop as often as i can..

3/8/07 2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

28/8/08 1:07 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

gold? rolex? wtf!!??!! you again?!

well now bots can type word verification? beware everyone! tssk.. now off you go spammer to the land of deleted posts..

28/8/08 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape