View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Monday, August 27, 2007

Illo Friday: Visitors



"walking thru the time machine"
a camera painting


i used to watch a tv series entitled “sliders” where a group of unlikely strangers got sucked into a warp vortex where they “slide” through parallel dimensions or universes. they were sliding from one world to another in an endless search back home. [read about it here]

what if there are really worlds parallel to ours? will there be another velvet living in a better world? or worse? would i ever switch places with her? or is her world a nice place to visit but would i like to live there? would she like to live here?

*.*

17 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger HARDWAX whispered...

Thanks for the trip back in time. Beatiful illustration, and however one classifies it, it's beautiful, and mysterious.
I remember "Sliders", pretty cool idea for a show.
I took another trip back in time, to look again at your illustration.
Beautiful work, and mysterious. This does feel like the piece I did this week. Perhaps I was influenced by you and didn't know it.
I think I've been spooked by anonyghost for, well seems like forever, and that might have put a little chill in my illo as well.

27/8/07 12:16 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

yeah i kinda miss the spookathon by anonyghost.. and such a privilege hearing that one of my works somehow brought a nice outcome.. and from such a great artist like you.. 8) thank you too..

27/8/07 6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

a very evocative post!!! beatiful.

27/8/07 10:30 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks! 8)

28/8/07 12:41 AM  
Blogger hablasballena whispered...

I don't know if those dimensions do exist, but if there's any possibility to be there, i think it would be just like your pic.
XP
very nice work atom... congrats
hugs

mau

28/8/07 12:59 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

i always wonder if there is such a thing and place too.. hehe.. thanks! glad you liked my posty!

*hugs back*

28/8/07 8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

I don't know about the "sliders" program... but I don't watch TV anymore, so my head isn't in that arena. But I LOVE your camera image!! It is peaceful and mesmerizing, and it makes me want to be there, moving like the ligh it moving. I love the colors, too!

Thanks for the great comments about my IF:Visitors illio... it means a lot coming from a fellow artist!

28/8/07 9:38 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

oh thanks for visiting as well!

its been a while since i last saw that show! i think a decade! lol..

anyway i recommend you play with camera painting as well.. 8)

28/8/07 9:48 AM  
Blogger isay whispered...

maybe if there's another velvet out there would you think about what you want her to be or how different she is from you or just like you nothing more nothing less....

great post velvet!

28/8/07 5:54 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

well you asked it perfectly..

and as some questions
need not any answers..
let us let those words
then linger..

29/8/07 1:57 AM  
Blogger Aravis whispered...

I remember that show; I liked it.

I first started thinking about it when I read King's The Talisman. Then I read a little about quantum physics and the possibilities it presents, which made it all seem more probable. I really like the notion.

Have you ever seen Gwyneth Paltrow's movie, Sliding Doors? It's about just this, and I really liked it...

29/8/07 4:29 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

ohh i havent seen sliding doors.. didnt knew there was a movie.. but i sure will find it! thanks for the suggestion..

and yeah i think there is a possibility for this.. eh but could be discovered not in this generation yet.

29/8/07 7:56 AM  
Blogger carla whispered...

Very cool!

29/8/07 7:53 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks carla! oh.. you changed your pic 8)

30/8/07 12:26 AM  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog whispered...

I remember sliders. And I like your illustration! Very cool.

30/8/07 4:29 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks! and i havent seen any series today with equal proportions like sliders..

oh well, maybe a bit from Heroes but i havent really seen much of that series..

30/8/07 7:27 AM  
Blogger arvindh whispered...

This is very beautiful! I have also linked to your blog.

6/9/07 11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape