View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Photo Friday: Difficult shot

here's my plan: i'll be collecting my posts about my vacation in europe, if ever i finish writing it all down, and have the links in one post. i may be posting them not in chronological order as i luv remembering things as they strike me

i lost track of the holy week. we chose the perfect season for a vacation. we based it all on when the cure will have their concert, then reserved the first weekend flight to Amsterdam.

Prior to the flight, i wanted a day to day journal, i even bought a small scrap notebook, but i had no step by step plans, no schedule to strictly follow, nothing but pure adventure and unconditional trust to my tour guide *.*

Thus, i let each day pass with spontaneity. i lost track of my plan to write down a diary, but thats the least of my worries. in fact, i had no worries at all.

so, this will be my first entry.
maundy thursday, march 20, 2008, franeker.

After our afternoon walk (dont forget the fotoshoots - lol) in the streets of Franeker, and an early dinner of dutch food, he said he has a surprise for me. we rode his bike to a park. you have to cross a short footbridge to enter and a tall iron arch gate awaits at the other end. the park has a pond in the middle with about three species of ducks glazing by.

We were surrounded by trees waiting for spring, awaiting to bloom. the branches of the trees reflect their intricate details thru the water's pond, which in turn mirrors the faint dark hue of the sky. it was a beautiful scenery and i cant stop taking photos. wow it is a surprise! ..but that's not the surprise, he said.

sunset. he said i'll be seeing something that i may not have seen before at any moment. so i stood still, waiting. i felt the cool breeze pierce my layers and layers of coat, jacket and blouse. i smiled and closed my eyes raising my head up to feel the soft wind sliding thru my scarf, tickling my neck. the crisp air with the lingering smell of acorns and pine almost hypnotized me. then i heard something weird.

a distant growl of hisses chirping from afar, echoing in my ear. but as the echoes fade, i hear them coming closer by the second. so i opened my eyes and saw such an amazing sight.



and there they were. hundreds of swallows... no, thousands of them! floating in the air, flying over us.



they circled the park and went from tree to tree. they would settle on branches for a few seconds then fly away again.

later on, a new flock of birds from the opposite direction came flying towards them, like waves of the sea, only looking up, i saw how the groups merged into one. in a few seconds they fly going further like little black holes in the clear aqua blue sky. then, they separated again, in grace.

a ballet in the sky, as they dance with the wind. floating over us mortals who couldnt do anything but just look up, admire and be mesmerized. i was simply blown away, wide eyed and and bewildered! i have never seen so many birds fly so freely..



and yeah, it was difficult to take photos of them as more than half the time i was frozen on my toes in amazement.

---
note: all photos best viewed in large. especially the last one. this is my entry for photofriday's topic difficult shot.

*.*

13 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger Sandy whispered...

i will be waiting for that. And the snaps are beautiful as ever. is it dawn or dusk?

27/5/08 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

You really catched that day we had and i love these pics! How freezingly cold it was. To bad we didnt made a sound recording.

Btw i still smell the amount poop of them too yuck

*kissssssss *.*

27/5/08 2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Spontaneity of narratives...the twilight swallows...I look forward to the rest of your journeys, dear peregrine.

27/5/08 5:00 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

sandy.. dusk. and yeah i actually have more pics but the flickr free account's maximum is only until 200 so i think i'll be opening another account to have those in.

aristocrat.. the twilight swallows ..what a great title. i'll be posting more as they come crashing my thoughts hehe.. maybe i'll update this weekend. thanks for the visit!07

28/5/08 2:09 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

my honey *.*..

kisssssss*.* well its ok if we didnt made sound recordings i still have all the memories in me.. the smell.. the sound.. the sights.. the feeling.. the taste.. erm(?) hihihi...

28/5/08 2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

Where am I? *shivering* I don't know where I was before because lost! BWARK!

28/5/08 10:13 AM  
Blogger Anonymous whispered...

Spectacular images and wonderful read AtomicVelvet! We are all sighing with relief ;)

28/5/08 10:14 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

jack.. hi!!! thanks for flying over.. have you met my swallow friends? i wasn't able to get their names tho coz as you can see on the pics they are a lot! but did you fly across the world? you got us all worried there.

anoymous.. thanks.. cant wait to write about the other days i was there too.. hope i can spare time this weekend. boy do i need an outlet.. ha! lets just say my walking life is totally messed up a bit..

28/5/08 5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

I don't know where I flew because LOST! I did see some swallows but they didn't swallow the sky like that. BWARK!

29/5/08 8:12 AM  
Blogger steve whispered...

I had my doubts, but this was the third time I saw the Cure in about fifteen years, and it was amazing--they played over three hours with a triple encore--they never sounded better!

29/5/08 9:09 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

jack.. haaaaaa! well they did swallow the sky my dear jack. but you almost made the sky fall on anon.. gee t'was like the world will collapse then. dont do that again ok! 8)

steve.. omg! omg! you were there too!!?? we were near the stage.. i almost saw you.. and maybe i did! but we didnt know.. haaa!! were you seated or standing?

30/5/08 6:46 AM  
Blogger isay whispered...

what a beautiful experience, great photos and inspiring post. how i wished i stopped by earlier.

7/8/08 3:10 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

it was indeed such a great feeling being there.. he is totally sweet to surprise me this way.. *sigh* wish i stayed longer..

8/8/08 1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape