View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Saturday, September 17, 2005

Illo Friday: Escape

ANONYMITY



           Shift
         Slide
       Fall
     And my head is spinning
   Lost my grip
 Lost my
             thoughts

           Trip
         Flee
       Run
     Away as far as my mind
   Perceives
 As far as my feet
Couldn't take
                    me

           Skip
         Leap
       Soar
     To escape all realities
   To an endless sky
 To boundless
                  possibilities

           Efface
         Destroy
       Obliterate
     The eternal pain
   To never stumble
 Never deluded
                 Again.

----
note: also escaping from my traditional impromptu poems and illo thru one medium, i posted a poem i made back in October 2004 and a pic of my pc dashed with some personal touches. hope this one qualifies for IF ..oh, and yes, being in cyberspace is indeed my escape. Please click image for a better view.

14 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger Anonymous whispered...

It's a desktop inside a desktop inside a desktop! Not making comments especially to Adorable Little Rodents in the TTLB Ecosystem BUT this poem sends chills down my now mousy whiskers!

17/9/05 11:25 PM  
Blogger elegraph whispered...

hey, atomic!

i'd certainly say, this does qualify! many of us would also agree that sitting in front of a pc is an escape. nice poem, too!

for whatever reason, sometimes i have trouble accessing your blog - sometimes it's slow or freezes up, or i can't see the pictures that you post - so if you never hear from me again, just know i'm still checkin' your work out from time to time.

'til next illo fri - kg

18/9/05 7:14 AM  
Blogger Soulknitting whispered...

Stellar Blog work!! What an incredible writer you are!! Great designer too. I'm just blown away with how cool your blog looks. I had no idea a Blogger 'blog' could look so dramatic!! Fabulous poetry too. Hope you're planning on publishing a book someday. I have only had the guts to put a few of my very own poems on my blog. I'm in awe of your courageous and generous spirit.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and leave a note. The 'drawing' is not mine, it is by Wendy Page, 2003. From the We'Moon '05 Calendar. Same with the 'Temple Poem.' Since today is the full Harvest Moon, I'm feeling very spiritual and thought I'd celebrate that in my blog.

I'll be back on a regular basis to visit and enjoy your oh-so-creative spirit.

Blessings to you this Harvest Moon. Kim

18/9/05 8:17 AM  
Blogger Cold Cut Ten whispered...

Interesting effects with the pic.

The poem was a good out-loud read too. I like the visual effects you did with this.

18/9/05 8:36 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

anonymous.. not commenting on Adorable Little Rodents? lol, how come? was lined as a Marauding Marsupial for 3 days only tho.. hihi.
Well, this rodent would like to see those whiskers wiggle! lol

kg.. wow, thanks for the comment, glad this qualified. and ty for informing me about the 'freezing' thought it was only my slow connection. well, made some adjustments now. the list of "women blogroll" is making it slow i guess. now placed it in the footer. see yah next friday!

Kim.. think the Moon's rays brought me to your place. 8) thanks for your kind words. the idea of a book is kinda phobic for me tho. maybe one day if a publisher stumbles upon my works *blush* But for now i guess, an escape from my daily routine squeezes out creative juices for me to share here.

btw, placing you at my links..

Liz.. i like to play with words as much as with colors and shadows. the images playing may reflect a hidden meaning sometimes. glad you like it tho, thanks for your nice words 8)

18/9/05 9:25 AM  
Blogger isay whispered...

i am dizzy 'been in front of the computer for hours but didn't have much time to see most of the entries in IF and had no time to write something about my illo....

nice effects in your illo and the poem-it's great!

18/9/05 9:31 AM  
Blogger RM whispered...

Hi,
I visit a lot of blogs and I cannot help but leave a comment here. Just so you know that you have one admirer in me. The visuals you create side-by-side your awesome poetry is a lot of work .. and talent of course!
Keep it up!
Becca

18/9/05 10:32 PM  
Blogger . : A : . whispered...

Really like the visual aspect of this poem.

20/9/05 12:41 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

isay.. working too much? you need your rest too kababayan 8) and thanks for dropping by!

becca.. hee thanks!! you got me speechless.. i understand you're also a Pinay?

.:A:... TY, A, didnt realized it shaped into something until i posted it here.

20/9/05 4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous whispered...

I like the title. Thanks for visiting mine. ;-)

21/9/05 2:31 PM  
Blogger Brood Mode whispered...

"Efface
Destroy
Obliterate
The eternal pain
To never stumble
Never deluded
Again. "

liked these lines very much. great work on the pic too

21/9/05 5:58 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

Graham.. ooh didnt know my banners would actually show at BE. my mozilla tends to block them. anyway, thanks for the compliments 8)

nathan, brood mode.. thanks guys, glad you like them

22/9/05 5:17 AM  
Blogger Aravis whispered...

I like the touches you made to the photo. I, too, often escape through my computer. Your poem this week was really compelling, and was I believe the right choice for the topic. I love the word choices you made for overall action of each verse. Well done!

23/9/05 4:45 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

aynaku.. thanks, and its ok 8) well there are lots.. but let me give you a link to one of my Pinoy faves Objects & Pixels. and you can check my links on the sidebar too 8)

Aravis.. ooh thanks for such a nice comment. being infront of the pc is indeed a rewarding escape.

23/9/05 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape