View All >>






Google
the web
this blog



Free Guestbook from Bravenet.com

43 things i want to do

www.flickr.com

This Web site is Registered with Published.com

Creative Commons License
All works licensed under a Creative Commons License.

 



Literature blogs

BloggerNetwork.org




if you cant find your link, maybe you are an outdated link, please inform me of your new home. tnx!


Sunday, August 24, 2008

Birthday Icecream for All!!!

i guess im still old fashioned coz i like to be surprised on my birthday with a party, with cakes and ice cream, and balloons(?) ha! but i wouldnt have guessed that the longest birthday and most surprises i'll have is on my 28th!

it started last saturday when some of my colleagues and friends went to my house unexpectedly and drank our heart outs while watching some DVDs.

then i wished for more time to rest and poof! a long weekend came to me for the first 2 working days of the week was a holiday and we had no work. wednesday, a typhoon came and classes were suspended. and in the tropical country where i live, a rainy afternoon is the perfect climate to make the most insomniac of insomniacs sleep soundly.

imagine the buzzing of constant wind and water showering your roof silencing the noisy neighbors as its the perfect ingredient for immunity to their sound.. plus add the cold shivers that disintegrates the hot weather, blocking the sun's hot rays to pierce your window curtains. what a great gift!

thursday, a surprise song from all my colleagues rumbled the most silent corridors announcing it was my birthday and warm wishes and hugs came after that. its simply so sweet!

friday i brought some traditional filipino birthday food at work and to hear them liking what i cooked was so heart-warming and a great present all by itself.

saturday, after work (since i work at nights), my friends and i ate at my favorite mediterranean restaurant (mister kabob's) and they bought me ice cream for dessert!



after that i went to the mall with 3 of my friends and looked around for some gadgets. woah! 350 GB external hard drive for only 6,000php! (well i didnt buy it i was just stunned) lol.. i was canvassing a new set of computer speakers (preferably altec) but since i have a set of great sounding speakers from my component, a friend suggested to get a converter instead to have them hacked to the my pc. when i got home it worked! 8)

after lunch, one of my friends treated us for a movie and the only "decent" movies available are (1) star wars: the clone wars and (2) x-files: i want to believe. and since im the only geek in the group i had no choice but to go with the majority and saw x-files.

mulder was still sexy, and i was surprised to see him grow that beard! (lol) and scully.. well lets just say she lost some weight. but watching it indeed brings back memories.. although im not that satisfied with the film. (but this post is not a movie review so i leave those who havent seen it in suspense)

now its sunday and while writing this, im waiting for my pistachio cake to bake. my sister and brother and their families will be visiting and we will have lunch here at my house (it may extend to dinner too.. who knows!)

life is full of surprises! so and as for those visiting my blog.. here's a surprise too.. grab a cup and a spoon and dig in! here's a virtual ice cream for you all!!



and yeah, Happy Birthday to me! woeha..

and double scoops if you came from illustration friday

-----
note: this is also my entry for photofriday: old fashioned

*.*

7 Park your thoughts here:

Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

thanks to my honey for that funny posty.. hey that song was funny.. 8D

24/8/08 11:53 AM  
Blogger Ambres whispered...

mmmm do you have whipcream too?

and! btw

you didn't see my presents yet!

*.*

25/8/08 3:19 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

yes.. found a way to use it too here..

and hee babe thanks in advance!

25/8/08 6:09 AM  
Blogger Ambres whispered...

mmm cute! and I Love You!

*.*

26/8/08 12:41 AM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

ohhh my! hahahahahahaha..

26/8/08 4:20 AM  
Blogger isay whispered...

better late than never---Happy happy birthday and I just wished and prayed that your wishes will come true

i miss the ube ice cream...yummy yummmy

28/8/08 4:00 PM  
Blogger atomicvelvetsigh whispered...

hee! thanks isay! ohh and yeah my fave was the ube too! funny when i got home yesterday my son said he bought me ice cream and it was the same 3-1 flavors! but he restricted me to eat the strawberry. lol.. 8)

thanks for passin by again isay!

28/8/08 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home




 

Locations of visitors to this page

All Poetry, Artwork and Images © Copyright 2004-2008 Atomicvelvetsigh
unless otherwise stated. All rights reserved.
Support your favorite artists and don't steal!

   Powered by Blogger

Creative Commons License | Intellectual Property Code | Disclaimer

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape